Weighing, Parts Counting, Percent Weighing, Check Weighing, Dynamic Weighing (Display Hold)
Backlit Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), 256 x 80 pixels
Internal power supply with power cord (included) or rechargeable battery (sold separately as an accessory)
Easy access communication ports including RS232 and Micro SD slot (included), second RS232/RS485/USD device, Ethernet and WiFi/Bluetooth, Discrete I/O and Analog Output (sold
separately as accessories); GLP/GMP data output with real-time clock
304-grade stainless steel platform and frame, stainless steel IP68 indicator, IP67 load cell, non-slip adjustable rubber feet
Resolution up to dual range 3,000e, 150% overload capacity, checkweighing display and beep, menu lock switch, selectable display languages, selectable filter, stability indicator, overload/underload indicators, selectable display controls, auto print and tare
Ohaus Defender 5000 Bench Scale
Standard Features Include:
- Indicator Guides The User with On-Screen Prompts See results clearly on the large backlit display. The alpha-numeric keypad and function keys allow for a simplified user experience. On-screen prompts and soft keys will guide you through the operation.
- Durably Constructed To Withstand Harsh Industrial Environments Durably constructed with a stainless steel platform, sand gray powder-coated steel frame and aluminum load cell, the Defender meets OIML/EC type approvals.
- Multiple Application Modes and High Storage Capacity for Greater Flexibility Features common industrial modes and supports a 50,000 item library and 1,000 user profiles which can be downloaded/uploaded for easy set-up (with SD Card.) Also equipped with GLP/GMP output capability with time/date for result traceability. Alibi memory available.
- Multiple Connectivity Options for Convenient Data Transfer and Storage Results can be stored in the Micro SD card. Data output via built-in RS232 or optional interfaces including second RS232/RS485/USB device, Ethernet, Bluetooth/WiFi, Analog Output or Discrete I/O with relays.
Results can be read easily on the Defender 5000’s large transflective dot matrix display, even in bright sunlight. The SmarText 3.0 interface will guide you through all of the Defender 5000’s unique and advanced features. With five soft keys, SmartText 3.0 makes an advanced scale very simple to use, and reduces training time for operators.
With OIML/EC-type approvals, the Defender 5000 can be used for both general and legal-for-trade applications. For standard industrial applications, the Defender 5000 bench scales offer durable performance at a practical price.
Featuring most common applications including Percent Weighing, Parts Counting with APW optimization, Checkweighing or Checkcounting and Dynamic Weighing or Display Hold, the Defender 5000 meets the weighing and measurement needs of practically every industrial application or manufacturing process. Many application modes eliminate the need for long and complicated manual calculations. GMP/GLP with time/date allows for traceability of results. Equipped with Micro SD card, the Defender 5000 can support storage of up to 50,000 items and 1,000 user profiles. Weighing results can also be stored in Alibi or regular format, addressing all your data storage needs.
Options Weighing results can be easily exported through the standard RS232 port. Additional connectivity options include a second RS232, RS485 or USB device; Ethernet, and WiFi/Bluetooth. Using the Analog option (either 4-20mA or 0-10V) or the two In/four Out Discrete I/O, the new Defender 5000 indicator can also be used for systems including PLCs.
Weighing: Determine the weight of items in the selected unit of measure.
Parts Counting: Count samples of uniform weight. Advanced auto-optimization software recalculates the average piece of weight as the overall weight increases.
Checkweighing/Counting: Compare the weight/count of a sample against target limits. Connect with Discrete I/O and Light Tower Kit for external check lights.
Percent Weighing: Measure the weight of a sample displayed as a percentage of a pre-established reference weight.
Dynamic Weighing and Display Hold: Weigh an unstable load. Scale takes an average of weights over a period of time. The Display Hold feature manually and automatically holds the last stable weight on the display.
Other Standard Features and Equipment
User-configurable resolution up to dual range 15,000d/3,000e, 150% overload capacity protection, checkweighing symbols with selectable operation and audible signal settings, menu lock switch, multiple selectable operating languages, selectable environmental and auto-print settings, stability indicator, overload/underload indicators, selectable adjust contrast settings, auto-dim display, auto-off, auto tare, ABS plastic, 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz internal universal power supply – Lithium Ion rechargeable battery with 20 hour standard continuous use (optional), non-slip adjustable rubber feet, a Wheel Kit option is also available for scales up to 300 kg.
Model Platform Sizes Capacity
D52P6RQDR1-M 305mm x 305mm 3/6kg x 1/2g
D52P15RQDR1-M 305mm x 305mm 6/15kg x 2/5g
D52P15RQDL2-M 400mm x 400mm 6/15kg x 2/5g
D52P30RQDL2-M 400mm x 400mm 15/30kg x 5/10g
D52P60RQDL2-M 400mm x 400mm 30/60kg x 10/20g
D52P60RQDX2-M 500mm x 500mm 30/60kg x 10/20g
D52P150RQDX2-M 500mm x 500mm 60/150kg x 20/50g
D52P60RQDV3-M 610mm x 610mm 30/60kg x 10/20g
D52P150RQDV3-M 610mm x 610mm 60/150kg x 20/50g
D52P300RQDV3-M 610mm x 610mm 150/300kg x 50/100g
D52P150RTDV3-M 800mm x 600mm 60/150kg x 20/50g
D52P300RTDV3-M 800mm x 600mm 150/300kg x 50/100g
D52P600RTDV3-M 800mm x 600mm 300/600kg x 100/200g
A total of six print templates are available to ensure you can print out all of the data you need. A simple template is predefined for quick printing, as well as five templates you can customize so you can print the exact information necessary for your application – eliminating confusion and time to sift through excess unnecessary data.
– Metrology: OIML R76 (Indicators: Certificate R76-2006-A-NL1-18.13, Load Cells: Certificates R60/2000-NL1-12-41, R60/2000-NL1-12-42, R60/2000-NL1-12-43, R60/2000-NL1-14.24)
– Product Safety: IEC/EN 61010-1;CAN/CSA C22.2 61010-1; UL61010-1
– Electromagnetic Compatibility: IEC/EN 61326-1 Class B, basic environments; FCC Part 15 Class B; Canada ICES-003 Class B
– Compliance Marks: CE; CSA; RCM
Battery Kit, Li-ion, TD52
USB Host for Dongle, TD52
Light Tower, 3 Colors, 243mm, IP65
1 In-use Cover Kit, TD52P
In-use Cover Kit, TD52XW
In-use Cover set (10)
In-use Cover set (10), TD52XW
Printer Holder Kit, D52
Wall Mount Kit, SST, TD52XW
Wall Mount Kit, CS, TD52P
LC Extension Cable, 9 meters, D521
M16 Gland with Ferrite
Micro SD Card, 8G
Analog Output Kit, TD523
Second RS232/RS485/USB Kit, TD523
I/O with Relay (2 In/4 Out)
WiFi/BT Dongle, OHAUS2
Ethernet Kit, D522