Crosby G-2130 Bolt Type Anchor Shackles
The Crosby G-2130 Bolt Type Anchor Shackles with thin head bolt – nut with a collar pin. meets the performance requirements of federal specification RR-C-271F Type IVA, Grade A, Class 3, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
- Working load limit and grade permanently shown on every single shackle
- Forged – quenched and tempered, with alloy pins
- Hot dip galvanised or self-coloured (85t, 120t, and 150t shackles are all hot dip galvanised bows and the bolts are Dimecoated and painted red)
- Capacities ranging from 330kg up to 55,000kg are fatigue rated
- Shackles that are 25,000kg or over are RFID-equipped
- Approved for use at -40˚C up to 204 ˚C
- Meets and exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26
- Shackles that are 85t or larger are individually proof tested o 2.0 times the working load limit
- Type approval and certification in accordance with ABS 2011 Steel Vessel Rules 1-1-17.7 and ABS Guide for certification of cranes
- 3.1 Certification as standard available for charpy and statistical proof test for pg 79 up to 25,000kg to DNV2.7-1 and EN13889
- All 2130 shackles can meet charpy requirements of 42 joules (31ft-lbs) Avg at -20˚C upon special request
- Look for the Red Pin… The mark of genuine Crosby quality
Crosby G-2140 Alloy Bolt Type Anchor Shackles
The Crosby G-2140 Alloy Bolt Type Anchor Shackles meets the performance requirements of federal specification RR-C-271F, Type IVA, Grade B, Class 3, Except for those provisions required by the contractor.
- Quenched and tempered
- Alloy bows and alloy bolts
- Forged alloy steel is used in capacities ranging from 2,000kg up to 200,000kg, Cast alloy steel is used in capacities ranging from 250,000kg up to
- 400,000kg, Meets performance requirements of Grade 8 shackles
- Working load limit is permanently shown on every shackle
- 30,40,55 and 85 Tonne shackle bows are available galvanised or self-coloured with pins that are galvanised and then painted red
- 120,150,175 tonne shackle bows are hot dip galvanised: bolts are Dimecoated and painted red
- 400 Tonne shackle bows are Dimecoated: Bolts are Dimecoated and painted red
- Sizes 1-1/2 inch and larger are RFID-equipped
- Approved for use at -40˚C and up to 204˚C
- Shackles are quenched and tempered and can meet DNV impact requirements
- All sizes are individually proof tested if requested at the time of order
- Shackles 200 tonne and larger have serialised pin and bow, Material Certification (chemical), magnetic particle inspected
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. 2140
- shackles met other critical performance requirements including impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26
- Type approval and certification in accordance to ABS 2006 steel vessel rules 1-1-17.7, and ABS guide for certification of cranes.
- Look for the Red pin… The mark of genuine Crosby quality
Crosby G-2160 Wide Body Bolt Type Lifting Bow Shackles
Crosby wide body shackles with larger bearing area to increase wire sling longevity and removes the need for thimbles on ropes.
- Quenched and Tempered for maximum strength.
- Forged alloy steel from 7 to 300 metric tons.
- Cast alloy steel from 400 to 1550 metric tons.
- Proof tested as follows: 7 to 75 metric tons and 200 to 300 metric tons: 2 x WLL. 125 metric tons: 1.6 x WLL. 400 metric tons and higher: 1.33 x WLL.
- All ratings are in metric tons, embossed on side of bow.
- G-2160, (7 to 55t), are Hot Dip Galvanised and pins are painted red.
- G-2160, (75t and larger), bows are furnished Dimetcoted, and pins are Dimetcoted, then painted red.
- S-2160 bows and pins are painted red.
- Shackles, 30t and larger, are RFID EQUIPPED.
- Can be used to connect Synthetic Web Slings, Synthetic Round Slings or Wire Rope Slings. Increase in shackle bow radius provides minimum 58% gain in
- sling bearing surface and eliminates need for a thimble.
- Increases usable sling strength minimum of 15% and greatly improves life of wire rope slings. Approved for use at -40 degrees C (-40 degrees F) to 204
- degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Bow and bolt are certified to meet charpy impact testing of 42 joules (31 ft-lbs.) min. avg. at -20 degree C (-4 degree F).
- All 2160 shackles are individually proof tested and magnetic particle inspected.Crosby certification available at time of order.
- Shackles requiring ABS, Lloyds and other certifications are available upon special request and must be specified at time of order.
- Type approved and certification to DNV Rules for Certification of Lifting Appliances, and are produced in accordance with DNV MSA requirements.
- Databook is provided that includes required documents: Serialisation / Identification Material, Testing (Physical / Chemical / Charpy) & Proof Testing