The Straightpoint COLT Clamp On Line Tensionmeter is a lightweight wire rope tension meter or shunt tension meter for fast and accurate measurement of tensions up to 11,000lb or 5000 kg and up to 1” or 25mm diameter.
Manufactured using an integral, high accuracy, Bluetooth module the COLT transmits load data wirelessly to any smart device running our Android or iOS app.
Constructed from aerospace grade aluminium the Straightpoint COLT digital tensiometer is lightweight and easy to handle and operates on wires that are already under tension. Once in place it allows the operator to quickly check tension on cables or wire ropes set at any angle.
A built-in magnetic smart device holder allows the COLT to be used as a traditional tension meter with on board display or the smartphone can be handheld or mounted elsewhere.
Supplied in a purpose made carry case the COLT is portable and utilises standard alkaline batteries making this perfect for on-site cable tension measurement across the world.
An optional calibration verification tool (CVT) allows the operator to self-check & verify calibration accuracy in the field if required.
- Unlimited wire rope calibration database via Android or iOS app
- Main swivel joints fitted with high quality bearings
- Lever ratio of 5.3:1 allows effortless, safe, clamping onto pre-tensioned wire ropes
- Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 enabling operator to stand at safe distance up to 328 feet or 100 metres
- Quick intuitive adjustable centre sheave makes changing wire rope sizes fast and easy
- No easily broken external antennae
- High waterproof resistant design IP67 or NEMA6 for all weather use
- Massive battery life of 1000 hours operational time
- As the library of wire rope diameters and constructions is increased each app user will benefit when they update and receive any new data.
- Cable gauge included.
- Guy wire maintenance on cell towers, bridges, flare stacks, antennas & masts.
- Guy wire Tower Plumb & Tension
- EHS guy wire, Turnbuckle tensioner.
- Wire rope installations, comparing, equalising & measuring
- Architectural wire rope installations
- Median cable barrier tensioning
- Utility cable overhead line monitoring
- Elevator hoist, governor & compensating wire rope maintenance
- Zip lines & assault course testing
- Fall arrest systems
- Metro, tram and rail transit electric wires & catenary testing
- Ski lifts
- Wire rope tie downs on vessels (using Tirfor)
- Testing tension of ship mast wire ropes.
- Tensioned trellis systems
- Measuring Line Sag
Supplied with the Following as Standard
- Proof test certificate
- Operator Manual
- Carry/Storage Case
- 2 year warranty
- Cable Gauge
- COLT verfication tool (CVT) to ensure the COLTS accuracy measurements are as accurate as possible
Straightpoint Calibration Verification Tool
In order to ensure the COLTS accuracy measurements are as accurate as possible, Straightpoint also supply a calibration verification rod that is specifically designed to check the COLTS calibration accuracy.
The calibration verification checking process is quick and simple. Open the COLT app on your smart mobile device, connect to the COLT device via Bluetooth, and select ‘Cal Check’ within the ‘Rope’ menu section of the app. Place COLT on a flat surface and then zero the measurement on screen. Place the 20 inch steel rod in the centre of all 3 sheaves and apply loading arm until it is full engaged with the magnetic catch. The force measurement reading should read as 3000lbs (within an accuracy range of <3%>).
If the measurement is greater than 3% difference (above 3090lbs or below 2910lbs) then you will need to contact SP and arrange for the COLT to be sent back to SP for recalibration. The process is as simple as that!