Our Most Innovative Weight Indicator and Controller – The Rice Lake 1280 Enterprise
The Rice Lake 1280 Enterprise Series programmable weight indicator is an innovative powerhouse, delivering speed for today’s operations and expansive options for tomorrow’s requirements. With a built-in web server, Ethernet TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, USB, Bluetooth and RS-232/485, you may never need to add an option card; however the 1280 is easily expandable with up to six smart option cards.
Use Wi-Fi direct to connect with the 1280 from a mobile device to monitor data and remotely control functions for a completely touch-free environment. For example, calibrate a truck scale from your smart phone to avoid repeated trips between the scale and indicator.
More than 150 built-in functions simplify programming, and custom applications are accomplished with Rice Lake’s iRite software. The 1280 incorporates a highly customizable graphical user interface with color touchscreen, empowering operators to control functions without sacrificing time or safety. Program up to 99 individual pages/screens with customizable widgets and softkeys to create an interface designed for your own process. Multiple widgets placed on each screen gives you the ability to design a custom interface for virtually any application.
The 1280 is a dynamic instrument for the growth of any enterprise, and is designed to withstand even the harshest environments. Built with industrial-grade components and stainless steel NEMA Type 4X enclosures, the 1280 features IP69K protection for universal and panel mounts. Explore the potential and unlock the possibilities!
- Graphical color display that adjusts for ambient light conditions
- Highly customizable graphical user interface
- Three different enclosure types: universal with tilt stand, panel mount and wall mount
- Resistive colour touchscreen that can be used with gloves
- On-screen keyboard available during entry mode or use an external keyboard
- Multi-language operation and text entry
- Keypad for scale operations, numeric entry and navigation
- More than 150 built-in functions for programming
- Customize applications and data tables with iRite™ software
- Built-in web server for remote access, systems integration and data monitoring
- Up to eight scales supporting five scale types:
- Analog load cell scales
- Total scales
- Serial scales
- Program scales
- iQUBE²® scales
- Multi-range/interval weighing functions
- Eight digital I/O for control and pulse count
- 100 setpoints, 18 configurable setpoint types
- 22 softkeys with 10 user-defined
- Two RS-232 and RS-485 serial ports
- USB, Ethernet TCP/IP, Wi-Fi Direct® and Bluetooth® ports
Command the future with Rice Lake’s 1280 Enterprise
The Ricelake 1280 Enterprise Series programmable indicator is an innovative powerhouse, delivering uncompromising speed for today’s operations and expansive options for tomorrow’s requirements. The 1280 is an event-based programmable controller with color touchscreen ideal for custom applications that combine signal processing, input/ output control and network communications. Explore the potential, discover the power and unlock the possibilities.
Built for Business
The 1280 is the definitive solution for complete business systems integration, shattering the barrier between operations and data. A durable color touchscreen with a seven-inch LCD display integrates data with real-time operations to leverage actionable information. Crisp visuals bring instant access to frequently used functions. Program multiple screens with custom graphics and softkeys for an interface that is designed for your process.
Fits Right In
Modular design makes the 1280 a dynamic piece for the growth of any enterprise, and it is built tough to withstand even the harshest environments.
- Universal, panel or wall mount
- Vibrant, 7- or 12-inch resistive touch display can be used by operators wearing gloves
- Industrial-grade components
- Stainless steel NEMA Type 4X enclosures
- IP69K protection for universal and panel mount
Unparalleled onboard capabilities allow seamless integration with existing equipment.
- Standard Ethernet TCP/IP, Wi-Fi®, Wi-Fi Direct®, USB, Bluetooth® and RS-232/485
- Built-in web server creates a new dimension in remote access, systems integration and data monitoring
- Communicate with handheld devices, printers, PLCS or PCS over the network
- Create a custom database to store valuable information, including ID numbers, transactions, formulas, label formats and more.
The Rice Lake 1280 Enterprise is a leap forward in technology, empowering your operation with control of today and command of the future.
- Highly customizable graphical user interface
- Able to power up to eight scales
- Single or multi-range/interval weighing functions
- Programmable through iRite to store/retrieve data with an onboard database storage of 460 MB
- Limitless programmability
- Freescale i.MX6 processor takes multitasking to the next level
- Micro SD card (up to 32 GB) for custom boot-loading graphics,
- iRite applications and configuration files
Room to Grow
The 1280 utilizes real-time processing and achieves unprecedented multitasking performance. With industry-leading onboard capabilities, you may never need to add an option card; however, the 1280 is easily expandable.
- The 1280 expands its capabilities with smart option cards, which allows for faster system performance
- Six smart card slots for additional scale channels, serial ports, digital inputs and outputs, analog outputs, and protocol interfaces
- Advanced batch engine with latching for 24 setpoint conditions automates daily tasks and can handle even the most complex routines
Additional A/D Conversion Boards
164085 – A/D conversion board for analog scale. For 4 or 6-wire cells, max 16 x 350 Ohm.
164683 – Board with double A/D converter for analog scales. For 4 or 6-wire cells
164685 – Dual Serial Channel Two-channel, full duplex RS-232 with CTS/RTS, RS-485/422
165366 – Single Analog Out 16 bit, 0-10 VDC, current output 0-20mA, 4-20mA
164686 – Dual Analog Out 16 bit, 0-10 VDC, current output 0-20mA, 4-20mA
164689 – Relay Card Relay four-dry contact, max current 3A @ 30 VDC, 3A @250VAC
165793 – DeviceNet CompactCom option.
170008 – Optional cable for digital I/O 60 cm.
170736 – Optional cable for digital I/O 1,5 m.
52312 – 8 channel relay board 161.00 Submit Limited availability
52314 – 16 channel relay board 237.00 Submit Limited availability
52315 – 24 channel relay board 361.00 Submit Limited availability
52317 – Relay module 2 OUT 240-280VAC
52319 – Relay module 2 IN 240VAC
52332 – Relay module 2 Input 0-32VDC
152381 – 8 position screw terminal
153878 – 4 position screw terminal
153883 – 6 position screw terminal
Integrated Fieldbus Port
165792 – Integrated EtherNet/IP fieldbus
165794 – Integrated ProfiNet fieldbus
165795 – Integrated Profibus DP fieldbus
Digital Input / Output
164684 – Digital I/O 24 channels, configurable as inputs or outputs.
Inputs: 5 VDC max, active low;
Outputs: 20 mA max per channel, active low; 5 VDC source available: 500 mA max.
Please click here for the Rice Lake 1280 Enterprise datasheet …..
Please click here for the Rice Lake 1280 Enterprise specifications and dimensions …..