The Hazardous Environment Instrumentation Solution – The Rice Lake 882IS
Designed for hazardous locations that are potentially explosive, the Rice Lake 882IS digital weight indicator is built to safely operate in these settings without sacrificing performance. With cFMus, ATEX and IECEx approvals, the 882IS is the industry’s choice for flammable and combustible applications
such as fuel refineries, chemical plants, distilleries, textile manufacturing and more.
Safe, Accurate Weight Readings in Hazardous Locations
The intrinsically safe, auto-ranging power supply enables wiring to a single AC conduit line and seal from the safe area. An FM approved, rechargeable battery is also available for isolated power or movable applications. The 882IS utilizes a backlit LCD display to maintain brilliant visibility for user-friendly operation, even in dimly lit areas. Its stainless steel enclosure provides superior protection from the elements.
Expand flexibility with an optional safe area I/O Module, featuring a serial port, Ethernet TCP/IP and optional analog output or fieldbus cards for communication with printers, computers and other peripherals. A duplex fiber-optic port allows for electrically-isolated communication with the I/O Module. To complete the IS entity approved system, Rice Lake offers FM/ATEX-approved load cells and junction boxes that interface with the 882IS indicator.
- Seven-digit, seven-segment LCD display with white LED backlight
- Stainless steel NEMA IP66 enclosure
- T4 temperature rating
- Front panel digital calibration
- Numeric keypad (882IS Plus only)
- Duplex fiber optic interface
- Power ON/OFF; battery save mode
- I/O module option: one serial port, optional analog outputs, optional fieldbus cards
- FM Entity Approved for use in hazardous locations per Rice Lake Weighing Systems control drawing file numbers 180948, 182301, and 186430
- Battery option, IS6V2 VDC
- Battery charger, 6 VDC
- Power supply, 882IS mb-EPS-100-240-X2, dual output 6,8 VDC 200mA
- Cable, M12 power 22 in hazardous location (for battery version)
- Cable, M12 power 10 ft hazardous location
- Cable, M12 power 50 ft hazardous location
- Cable, M12 power 100 ft hazardous location
- Tilt stand, 882IS battery option
- Module, 882 smart I/O interface
Integrated Fieldbus Port
190530 EtherNet/IP fieldbus for I/O module box to be installed in the safe area.
190531 DeviceNet fieldbus for I/O module box to be installed in the safe area.
190532 ProfiNet fieldbus for I/O module box to be installed in the safe area.
190534 Profibus fieldbus for I/O module box to be installed in the safe area.
190533 Modbus TCP fieldbus for I/O module box to be installed in the safe area.
190535 EtherCAT fieldbus for I/O module box to be installed in the safe area.
190528 Single Analog Output (0-10VDC, 0-20mA, 4-20mA)
Please click here for the 882IS datasheet …..
Please click here for the 882IS specifications, options and dimensions …..