When using a capstan winch to unwind electrical cable from a reel/spool, you will be able to integrate the Straightpoint CableSafe within this set-up to ensure that it is being pulled at a safe tension level. This helps the line maintain its transmissions capability, prevent it becoming a fire hazard risk, and it also stops the need of furthering work in order to remove and replace it. The contractor is gifted with decreased liability, dramatically increasing peace of mind. Using ther Straightpoint CableSafe on cable pulls reduces liabilities on cable installations, making it ideal for the following applications:
- Measure tension when pulling electrical cables – protect against fractures or elongation
- Measuring tension on synthetic rope when erecting delicate structures using gin poles and capstan winch
Another example of best use is during the installation of cell phone towers or similar delicate structures. The product helps ensure structure-to-ground ropes which are connected to a gin pole and pulley system. Do not exceed maximum tension whilst lifting sections of the tower to the top because there can be the
possibility of the rope becoming snagged, causing greater tension to be loaded upon the system. With heavy materials being lifted to great heights; this would create a major safety hazard leading to a catastrophic failure, endangering lives. Avoid the unknown through accurate monitoring, especially when risks are high.
What distinguishes it, apart from previous versions of this type, is the developed lightweight design, allowing easy transportation and usage. Providing up to 500 hours battery life, you can be assured there will not be any loss of power before your work day has ended. High level IP67 or NEMA6 ingress protection allows it to be used in a variety of heavy weather conditions and dusty environments. These features, as a collective, means that it will be an invaluable and reliable tool in your work-related armoury.
The five-wheel design and gravity catches, with top sheave pins, allows for fast and simple rope attachment set-up. The accuracy is further improved over three-wheel alternatives.
When used with a cable/rope pulling device, you can remotely monitor the tension on the line using your smart handheld device via a Bluetooth connection*. With the operator locating themselves up to 100m or 328ft away from the Straightpoint Cablesafe, it will allow them to survey job progress at a safe distance.
The HHP app is available to download for free (Android/iOS) and is compatible with all SP Bluetooth Products.
- Rapid tension force measurement – Up to 50m per minute
- Able to used in all weather and air quality conditions
- Easy to install and replace batteries (4 x AA standard Alkaline)
- Fully constructed from light and durable brushed Anodised Aluminium
- Five wheel design improving accuracy (clear anodised)
- Linchpins are fitted to the top sheave pins make wire rope installation quick and simple
- Compatible with a wide range of rope diameters – 4-19mm
- IP67 ingress protection / NEMA 6 – heavy protection against dust and rain
- Simple to use and setup
- Remote monitoring option using smart phone via Bluetooth
- Maintenance free heavy duty needle bearings
- Water weight Testing
- Overhead Weighing
- Loadcell Rental
- Bollard PullingTug Testing
- Heavy Lift
- Load sense on jib winches
- Ship to ship transfers (STS)
- Figure 8ing
Warranty and Assurance
- 2 year warranty
- Design validated by F.E.A.
Supplied with the Following as Standard
- Proof test certificate
- Operator Manual
- Carry/Storage Crate